EMERGENCE PLANNING WEEKEND EVENT RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to enter this event or for any purpose participate in any way in the event, THE PARTICIPANT, for himself, herself, and their heirs or assigns:
1. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the lessees of premises used to conduct the event and each of them, including but not limited to Emergence Burn, Inc., Charleston Woodlands, LLC their officers, agents, representatives, heirs, successors, assigns, workers, and volunteers, all for the purposes herein referred to as "releasees", from all liability to the Participant and their heirs or assigns for any and all loss or damage, and any claims or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the Participant , whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise while the Participant is on or upon the event premises or for any purpose participating in the event;
2. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost that they may incur due to the presence of the Participant in or upon the event area or for any purpose participating in the event and whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
3. HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of releasees or otherwise while in or upon the event area and/or for any purpose participating in the event.
4. Participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that the activities of the event may be very dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage.
5. Participant further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of South Carolina and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
6. THE PARTICIPANT HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY AGREES TO THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made. Any legal disputes, controversies, or claims involving Emergence Burn, Inc. or the events it sponsors will be arbitrated in Charleston County, South Carolina under the applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association.
7. NOTWITHSTANDING THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY the Participant is entitled to the full benefit of any insurance policy covering their claims. The Participant shall be responsible for payment of all costs arising from or related in any way to the Participant's claims without limitation deductibles, attorney fees, judgments, and arbitration and court fees that would otherwise be incurred by releasees (excluding insurers). For the sake of clarification this term shall be interpreted to protect releasees (excluding insurers) from incurring any expense or liability related to or arising from Participant's presence at the event.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND IT IS A RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS. I UNDERSTAND I ASSUME ALL RISK INHERENT IN THIS EVENT.